Thursday 26 August 2010

The latest email from NPOWER and my reply (which comes first):



Dear Mr Riseborough,

Instead of asking me to endlessly repeat myself and not appearing to read my emails yourself - please take the time to acquaint yourself with my actual complaints before replying to this email.

Also I would be very happy if you would escalate my complaint to the next level as you had previously promised to do.

Kind regards

Emily Gyde

--- On Thu, 26/8/10, Executive.Complaints@npower.com wrote:


From: Executive.Complaints@npower.com
Subject: RE: URN 97621294-Miss Gyde
To: emily_gyde@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Thursday, 26 August, 2010, 11:01


Dear Miss Gyde,

Thank you for your email.

If a consumer makes a request for an amendment in their charges, I take this request as face value in the context of how it was written. Therefore, I thought that your request was serious which is why my previous responses explained why we could not rebill you for £1.00 per week.

Please can you specify which bill you are referring to when you advise that 'you were charged the same amount of money for two different meter readings when one was nearly half of the usage of the other'. However, I must advise you the revised bills dated 30 July 2010 (I have requested another copy to be sent to you) replaced all charges on all previous bills which you were sent and shows all payments which you have made. All bills prior to 30 July 2010 and any incorrect charges were cancelled and superseded by the charges and information shown on the 30 July 2010.

I can confirm that your latest electricity bill dated 23 August 2010 has been produced. This will be received shortly and shows charges from 15 July 2010 to 3 August 2010. I appreciate that a bill was only produced on 30 July 2010 but this was an amendment to previous quarterly bills including a replacement of your last quarterly bill in May 2010 which is why we have now produced another bill. If the amended bill on 30 July 2010 had not produced then your new bill would have showed quarterly charges from May 2010 to August 2010 instead of a smaller time period from July 2010 to August 2010. The current electricity balance is £35.05.

As previously explained, we charge consumer for units of electricity which they use for each billing period based solely on the amount of units consumed and their tariff. If someone uses more electricity during that quarter and is on the same tariff as you then their charges will be greater. I appreciate that you may not want me to mention the word 'tariff; in my explanation but you requires the true facts.

We charge our consumers for gas used based on our tariffs, the amount of units used during that billing period and the time of year that the units of gas are used (ie we charge more kWh on higher gas rate during the winter period then a summer period). If your concerns are regarding the pricing of our charges then the Energy Ombudsman may not be able to assist as it is a business decision to how we charge our prices.

We feel that we have answered all your questions and have proved that the current charges are correct. However, in order to draw a line under this matter, I can offer that the current electricity balance of £35.05 (£26.21 shown on 30 July 2010 and £8.84 charges on new bill to be received shortly) is withdrawn as a goodwill gesture which will ofset the level of service that you feel that you have received. We can also offer you the option of more time to clear the current gas balance of £124.96 although your next gas bill is due to be produced shortly after 9 September 2010.

Therefore, I would appreciate if you could advise me whether you wished to accept these offers which will eraducate the need for your complaint to be escalated as I feel that the final decision which would be outlined is no different to the options which I have offered.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

David Riseborough
Executive Complaints Team
npower
Residential Operations
Tel :0845 0730861 (ext 1198353)

Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm; Friday 9am-4.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment