Saturday 30 October 2010

The networks are now saying:

"the CLOZE test"

Yes that was another name for 'a word missing out of a sentence and you have to pick the right word from the list below' exercise for language students...

...in 1997...HEATHER LAING used a word that I hadn't heard used much if at all...a 'new word'...and I figured that she was using it a bit too liberally...she told me that she wanted CLOSURE upon her relationship with SWISS STUDENT who appeared to have gone back to his old girlfriend...at that point in time, I had only seen the word used in formal settings and circumstances and hardly used at all...but nowadays, people use it all the time to mean:

"There is something I am not getting about this situation and I wanted to know more before I can 'close this file' in my head, upon the whole subject"

ENCLOSURE programming by the ROYALS

CLOSURE

CLOZE

CLOSE

'cloze'...I remember now...the English when speaking quickly often say 'cloze' for CLOTHES...."where are my cloze"...

No comments:

Post a Comment