Thursday 28 April 2011

My brother ED and my MOTHER have always used PHONES wisely....

You do not want to get up in a 'call every minute' and 'stress you out culture'...


So they naturally took it 'the other way'...

I can remember in the mid-1980s....arriving at ED's flat in OVAL, LONDON for an overnight stay from POLAND....and slowly waking up on the living room floor in my sleeping bag...to hear about 9 ansaphones messages left....when ED came back at midday he deleted the lot without hearing them...I was a bit perplexed...they had all been from his 'friends' asking where he was and how to 'meet up'...he replied that none of those messages were important...I replied words to the effect of 'how could you know - maybe one of them was telling you that somebody died'...he answered to the effect of 'that never happens'....as in the likelyhood of that happening is basically minimal and I do not want to spend my life answering calls for the sake of it...

I was IMPRESSED.

My mother is the same - she keeps her mobile phone OFF. She needs it for emergencies if her car breaks down in the middle of nowhere but that is that.

REAL SENSE for you around MOBILE PHONES - cut them off - you cut out the STRESS in your life, in one simple 'cut down of the OAK TREE' let us say....keep them in case of emergencies but if you have to use one for WORK....as DALDRY did...separate the two...one for WORK and one for 'others'...that way you can really field calls easily.

...and if 'WORK' will not supply you with your own WORK MOBILE PHONE with a COMPANY number to field calls - well, they are SUCH A DODGY BUSINESS THAT YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE WORKING FOR THEM ANYWAY, SHOULD YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment