Sunday 27 February 2011

The number 1473 came up yesterday: IHLE

...and for some reason, it reminded me of MRS EHRLICH who was my Swiss grandmother's neighbour...my mother says that she was Irish...but I remember her as Eastern European jooish...that sort of accent...and definitely not Irish...so one can assume that she married an Irishman, who had long since died/disappeared...and the old bird really couldn't take care of herself...the stench, even standing in front of the doorway of her house, wilst my grandmother chatted with her...made you want to wretch...a 'hoarder' as well...

anyway, she used to come round to my grandmother's to play a form of spinning tops...something that COLETTE had told me to get really good at...you took it in turns to spin different coloured plastic tops on a board with holes in it and different scores...and you won the points if your top went into a hole...

...I wonder what that was all about? I haven't seen that game again...and it reminds me of DREIDEL spinning...but a pisstake of it, in a way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreidel

MARTIN looked into it and told me that they were just two crazy old birds...but i was sure there was a bit more to it than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment