Friday 31 December 2010




GILL has now changed back the coding to enable me to post - he was annoyed because I had cut off windows live blogging...whereupon he was supposed to harass and confuse me with various communiques...now he understands it was 'no more than that' to my decision - to 'cut him off' - we are all right again.


Okay so as far as I know - BI got this website together about SPANDAU and also the link you can follow called ROCKY GARDENS...in relation to SPEER the architect.


I can remember COLLIE showing me the research upon historical gardens...and I was particularly struck by this one:



2. 4. Kitchen garden or potager


"Main article: Kitchen garden
Formal potager at Villandry, France


The traditional kitchen garden, also known as a potager, is a seasonally used space separate from the rest of the residential garden - the ornamental plants and lawn areas. Most vegetable gardens are still miniature versions of old family farm plots with square or rectangular beds, but the kitchen garden is different not only in its history, but also its design.


The kitchen garden may be a landscape feature that can be the central feature of an ornamental, all-season landscape, but can be little more than a humble vegetable plot. It is a source of herbs, vegetables, fruits, and flowers, but it is also a structured garden space, a design based on repetitive geometric patterns.


The kitchen garden has year-round visual appeal and can incorporate permanent perennials or woody plantings around (or among) the annual plants."

I can remember COLETTE showing me either the photo or taking me there...I think that she took me there to show me 'healing herbs' etc...but I know that the TASCHMANNS also saw it as their domain...as the CHEFS...see GORMENGHAST and 'hell on earth' as in the kitchens of the TASCHMANNS...the most terrible existence imaginable...

No comments:

Post a Comment