Friday 30 July 2010

Okay, if somebody told me to model a face that looked generically CHINESE...I couldn't do it...I would have immense problems...because after having studied the photographs of so many students at SJTU...I had been advised to ask them to bring photos in for their 'file'...so that I would remember their faces and their contribution in class or 'you will never remember' because I had too many students...so this period of time gave me ample experience in recognising just how different the 'Chinese' can be, in looks...in everything...

So a 'generic face'? Yes, I could probably have a go at modelling one - but it would look nothing like the face upon the statue...if anything, that looks slightly Japanese to me but not even that...so I suppose this artist's influences came from another Asian country...but I only have experience of China...

No comments:

Post a Comment