Saturday 30 May 2015

OTHER NOTES:

oh and one final note upon TOAST...my mother had known 'something' around what had happened to nigel slater....she was to tell me that what that stepmother had done to him was 'terrible'...well that isn't reflected in the film...and so I suppose that it is mentioned in the book...although, knowing my mother - she is a bit like little colin...she 'knows' things and blurts them out....and so it might not be in the book, either...

all I can remember so far is this...his stepmother forcefeeding him a birdseed fat ball, in their garden....and if you look at the subtext of the movie...well being an excellent 'cleaner' can speak volumes, can't it? cleaning...washing...brainwashing...the cleaner's cupboard/witches' broom cupboard etc etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment