Saturday 30 May 2015

...just past 9am and somebody has shoved a RED/WHITE/BLACK salvation army 'fill me with hope' bag through my door....for shirts, shoes, bedding and dresses....

let me see...that RED/WHITE CARNATION tin - with nigel slater's name upon it...at the beginning of the movie...I can remember asking him what his favourite 'thing' had been when young...he was to reply 'carnation milk'...I was to reply that my father had loved the same thing...my mother was to say that was all he would eat, hardly...around the time, that she had met him - as a young man...he used to buy tubes of it on sale at the 'swiss centre' in central London, apparently.....

...anyway, it was then decided that a CARNATION TIN should figure prominently...within the opening scenes....a sort of andy Warhol reference in relation to Campbell's soup tins...go figure.

nigel slater and 'green thai curry'?

 
http://demon-cook.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/birthday-supper-with-friends.html

No comments:

Post a Comment