Monday 31 January 2011

A recorded message ansaphone reply:

“Hullo, we are unable to answer right now - if you would like to send a fax…”

The above - all in an AMERICAN accent.

Who was I calling?

My parents in MANNINGTREE upon this number:

O1206 391 321

Anyway, the first time that I rang the above number - after the recorded message had finished - the FAX screech started up…as if I were sending a fax - which I am not - I do not have a fax machine for a start off and I was using my ORANGE MOBILE phone.

I figured…what is wrong? I looked at the mobile screen…saw that I was calling the right number and so figured ‘crossed lines’ and tried again - the very same thing happened.

Therefore one can see two possibilities:

Firstly that this is the BI scam exposed - of re-routing my calls around the USA to use up my mobile top-ups of £10 or more in a matter of minutes.

Secondly, that my parents have either changed their number or that my father has put them onto some new fangled US package for phone, TV, internet…but I do not keep up with these things anymore and so I have no idea what it might be…

OTHER NOTES:

I will therefore compose my parents an email because I haven’t got in touch for some while now:

Dear Mum,

How are you feeling? I hope you are in good health.

I am doing fine, here in Clacton.

I tried to phone you today but the ansaphone seemed to be on ‘fax’ for some reason.

I went to the ATOS medical assessment but they haven’t sent me the results of their decision, as yet.

NPOWER is sending me another meter reader to take a reading before sending me my next bill and so no bills to worry about, luckily.

Apart from that, life goes on as normal.

Could you possibly thank ED and SUE for the lovely Christmas card that they sent me? Better still - could you send me his email address so that I could reply in person? I decided not to come down to London for a ’flying visit’ over the holidays because as you thought - it wasn’t the right time, considering Susan’s Cancer therapy and therefore I am hoping to see them at a later date - perhaps in the summer?

If you feel like a walk by the sea - give me a ring and we can arrange it sometime.


Lots of love

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment