Wednesday 31 December 2014

...the 'blob' in MONSTERS VS ALIENS had been my favourite character...the clown of the piece....who is obviously telepathic and empathetic to the nth degree...but doesn't realise it...and that is the crux of the humour...a running gag around 'becoming' a person around him - for a short time, after ingesting 'whoever' it is....

I now know why, I was to identify with the 'goo'...and that is because I have sometimes had something of a 'daily battle' to find out 'who was supposed to be in the flat' at a certain point in time...and then consciously tell myself, in the mirror 'who I am'...as in 'I am not jade/rowling/roz etc...I am emily' - so that I didn't fall prey to whatever fate, that ill cult member had lined up for them....whilst 'in the flat'...I would then remember what that particular ill cult member had been up to and what had happened to them...really quite scary, at times.

anyway, emet had asked me for a key image....I was to reply 'the blob'....which he then arranged to have put into this abstract illustration of 2014....'the blob' was the trigger for me to think "i'll watch that again" i.e. MONSTERS VS ALIENS.....whilst browsing through what was on offer, upon iplayer....




No comments:

Post a Comment