Wednesday 29 April 2015

...the odd thing is...about this photo...see below:



is that my mother has a couple of photos of her grandfather...and he appears to be 'on a march' down the street 'somewhere up north'...and he is standing beside a priest wearing the same sort of 'black hat' with pompom on top....and behind the priest, is a man in a flowing white lace robe over a black dress...naturally I was to assume that the robes and hat, were ecclesiastical...my mother and father were of a different opinion...my mother then changed her mind...however my father was adamant that it was a pageant and nothing more....in fact, he said something really weird about that 'priest impersonator' in the photo, if only I could remember now..."the local bank manager" replies BI ONLINE...I cannot remember as yet...

anyway, another photo in their collection was of my mother's grandfather...dressed up to the nines, in a suit/waistcoat etc...'sunday best'...seated on a park bench...with a large lady's hat upon his head...go figure...

without notes to accompany old film reels and photos....you are a bit in the dark, aren't you? as to what had been going on at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment