Monday 6 April 2015

...and let me see...'this scene' is reminding me of 'what had happened' near to ST JOHN IN THE DESERT MONASTERY...about an hour or so before sunset...I was getting nervous...as Sharon and I walked down that 'A' road which intertwined around the hills and mountains....we then saw a coach full of what appeared to be Chinese tourists....looking pretty miserable....turn off of the 'A' road...down the rocky private trail to that monastery, in the distance...I was to quiz Sharon upon it...he appeared to think that it was 'quite normal' - but it hadn't been, had it ?...and upon a number of accounts....firstly st john in the desert monastery wasn't 'open to visitors' and was far off of the 'beaten trail' in relation to tourists....only 'one mention' in the guidebooks and nothing else....secondly, we had managed to 'get in' but only with the help of mea sharim and a Palestinian 'guard' inside the compound - he was manning the 'watch tower' at the time....and was to open the gate for us..."you don't have much time..." - next up, I was to ask Sharon if he had ever seen Chinese tourists in the old city of jersualem...never mind 'in the middle of nowhere' upon the outskirts of Jerusalem....I had only met a couple of Japanese tourists by that point in time - see previous notes...

now I am not saying or even implying that the coach was 'full of  those in cannibal wolf alters'...I am saying that they were most likely to be a version of my 1980 MI5 Russian course....herded around jersualem as a 'programming area'...and forced to witness or take part in 'cannibal acts'....see previous notes upon that boarded up 'disused' st john's church in ein kerem...

I might add that Sharon and I were to watch as that 'dark red' car drove down that dusty track...before the coach was to follow it down that road, later on...anyway, we were to see a priest get out and be let through the gates....

...anyway, all I could deduce from the above...was that Sharon's parameters - as to what was 'usual' and 'not usual' in and around jersualem....were much wider than my own....and I might point out that he had spotted 'McGowan and co' on that 'A'  road...their car was to pass us several times...going one way and then the other...as Sharon was to point out...well, that was to really spook me....and I replied that we should run to the nearest bus stop "because they might be about to mug us" etc etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment