Wednesday 4 February 2015

OTHER NOTES:

this morning, I was thinking back to 'over ten years ago now'....and 'living in vieilley'....and 'duck confit' in cans - came to mind...a fiver to feed a family of 6 - a cordon bleu 'meat dish', to boot....

I was then to remember the head of M&S 'so many years ago' telling me that the English didn't like 'duck confit' in large cans...and therefore it was pointless to stock it....

how could that be? I wondered...once they have tasted it....on the other hand - maybe the English like to think of ducks as 'pets'...'feeding the ducks in the local park' etc etc...

...and today I came across this site...another CID 'number' as far as I know - but I do not know 'why' as yet:

http://www.confitdecanard.co.uk/

only that Allison stonier had talked to me about canned 'French peas'....and how delicious they were - whilst at Essex university:

 

 
...and yes, I can remember now - the CID had been behind the above website...expanding their arena in 'all sorts of ways'....who had funded them? "ask no questions and you'll get no lies" I was told, at the time.
 
 
 
let me see....well my parents and I, used to go for the 'freflets de france duck confit' in carrefour....but not the 'gizzards' variety......the 'duck leg' variety....ingabot showed no interest in eating duck legs....in fact, she used to look visibly upset...but then, she only liked sweet things, in the main....
 
anyway, ingabot used to hiss at ed - and from a young age until she was in her late 30s:
 
 "gizzard" - ingabot then used to 'giggle in a mad, demonic way'....perhaps my parents and I, should have bought 'reflets gizzard' instead - would that have made ingabot happier? you see once ingabot had said 'gizzard' in a menacing voice, whilst giggling at ed - he would 'hold his throat' for a while and be unable to speak....
 
"but there's no harm in her at all" ed used to say....after telling me that his latest girlfriend couldn't stand ingabot and found her entirely sinister....
 
OTHER NOTES:
 
anyway, ten years ago...'duck confit' in huge cans - was about a fiver - in the Carrefour - a promotion, I suppose...they often had promotions....but the price didn't appear to change much, even on the shelves after the promotion....but in terms of importing it into the british isles....well, the other day - when donna said she was going to Belgium....I longed for the 'use of a car'...to go over - as donna had said - 'just for the day' - stock up on cheap but extremely good food and wine....and then drive back...of course this has been denied me, and for all of my life....see previous notes upon the ill allowing me an 'international driving licence' upon the other side of the mirror', during their so-called 'military' operations - and then dumping me back into a 'bedsit' with nothing...and that is why my pleasures have always been 'simple'....see previous notes...far more 'simple' than the above - pleasures - that most people in the UK, take for granted....
 
OTHER NOTES:
 
...to whit...whilst 'anthony' was going through his third marriage to a 'woman just like his mother'...he used to call me up on E or D brainwave level, from his 'holliday god desk'...to ask me what he could do, to put the marriage right? see LOLCATS for posters upon 'how he then failed to do that'....put up by the CID - who had their own 'all-seeing eye' at the time....in short, she loved the sex, but not the 'crazy boy' who was obsessive about 'food'....what he would eat and when he would eat it....and so I suggested that he make his 'obsession' into a bona fide 'cause'....open a small restaurant....choose his favourite recipes and yes 'anthony' had accumulated some 'really good ones'...."you are a good cook", I enthused....and that he would make a great chef....particularly the pizza....remember the recipe for pizza-base....found in jo smith's flat, at dartington? he could use that - serve 'homemade pizza to go' on the front desk - whilst making 'classy but not too foreign' dishes, appealing to the masses (those tried and tested out at dartington)...
 
anyway, 'anthon' was a 'natural cook'....and he could make the 'best' out of any given basic recipe....and so - what am I saying here? did he open a restaurant with homemade takeaway pizza on the glass counter, by the till? if he didn't - then he should have done....because it would have pleased his old BI and irish intelligence 'friends' in Dublin, no end....so long as it was reasonably priced, of course - as I was to caution him...
 
'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach' I joked to emet, at the pentagon....."we'll see what we can do with that" he replied.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment