Friday 20 February 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZOTjGLztfU

anyway, whatever the pronunciation 'was' - that is, what my father had told me...well, and it didn't contain the 'O' in viognier.....go figure.....
 
 
...and if that is the case,  then americans seem to 'get it wrong' quite a bit...and on youtube....
 
I was then further puzzled by 'this video'...I had pronounced 'viognier' as the man in the video....but my father was to say 'in taschman alter'....something around VIN-YAY! as in a satanic sisters reference....who knows?
 
let us go further:
 
 
how the French would pronounce it.....but as my father was to tell me 'how they do not'....and according to my father, they have their own preferred pronunciation....go figure.....see above as to how they don't pronounce it, then?
 
oh dear, this is just a silly game- isn't it? I cannot find a 'French person' saying 'viognier' at all, upon youtube.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment