Friday 26 April 2019

....and what's new this Friday morning, then?....well, I was to check out the keypad and knob/handle upon both belle court bins room and the gas meter room, this morning...to find out that both were working 'normally'...despite the fact that, the other day - both had 'stuck'....isn't that odd? Anyway, I was to email CHP - telling them to disregard my last two emails....perhaps somebody had 'oiled' the knobs? etc etc....go figure.

...and what else?...well, I then took a gas meter reading...and used NPOWER's automated service to enter my new electricity and gas meter readings...to then find out that my 'warm homes discount' had been credited to my account....which meant that my new bill (10/05/19) will say that my account is £84.39 in credit - phew!

...and what else?...another 'odd one' at Sainsbury's, this morning - at a self-service till...I was to put in all of my loose change and a 'fiver' at the same time...wondering if the machine could do 'both' at the same time....the machine took the money.....registered that it was going to give me £0.07 back in change, upon the screen....I looked at the empty black plastic dish.....a silver 20p then dropped out of 'wherever-it-comes-from'...then another.....and finally some coppers...to the tune of 7p.....

somewhat bemused or rather amused, by the above...I asked an assistant why the machine had done that....he looked at the screen...then at the cash-in-my-hand...took it from me and promptly counted out 7p from the change.....to subsequently keep the two 20ps.....whilst asking me if they had been left by another customer?...no, they definitely hadn't been...and he seemed to 'know' that they hadn't been, either...isn't that odd?...anyway, he called another assistant over, to help him with the inquiry - she was to shrug her shoulders....LOL....go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment