Wednesday 30 August 2017

...what else?....hmm...let me see...if the ill run true-to-type...those breezing through CHP and AARON services ltd...they will probably make an arrangement with an electrician....send that person round, without telling me...and try to charge me for it, to boot....nota bene that I have not, as yet - asked for an appointment...I have asked for clarification - regarding what I should do about a faulty heat detector - that doesn't appear to need a battery and so how can I stop it from bleeping etc etc...anyway, here is the explanatory text - that I have sent to CHP, this morning....go figure:


Dear CHP,

Last year, two CHP electricians were to visit my CHP-rented flat, firstly - in order to replace the smoke alarm and secondly to replace the heat detector.

Name and address:

Emily Gyde, flat 2, belle court, ellis road, clacton on sea, CO15 1FH

I was told by the first CHP electrician who had fitted the new smoke alarm (job number: 80757836) - that this device was now connected to the mains and that I should not touch it, if anything went wrong with it - I should contact CHP if it malfunctioned. He was also to test this new smoke alarm - which then set off the alarm in the heat detector, as well. He was to tell me that the two devices were now both connected and if one was set off then the other one would go off, too.

Next up - I was then told by the second CHP electrician who came to replace the heat detector - that I would have to change the battery myself - in the heat detector but not in the smoke alarm. Nota bene that no job number was given for this particular CHP job - although the CHP electrician, who turned up - was to do the communal corridor light job, before installing a new heat detector.

Please view the mail history attached to this email (the reference to mr bennett from DSA - regarding the work then done upon the communal corridor light by the second CHP electrician, who was also to do that heat detector replacement job in my flat) in order to work out what had happened and why.

Now, here's the conundrum - yesterday, the heat detector was to start to bleep - as if its battery were low - therefore I unscrewed the cap - to look inside, to find out - that there was no battery needed, in it. Even though the second CHP electrican to call - had told me that I would have to replace the battery in it but not to touch the smoke alarm.

Therefore, what am I to do? How can I replace a battery if one is not needed in the heat detector? How can I stop that heat detector from bleeping?

To recap - I have been told not to touch the smoke alarm (which is not malfunctioning i.e. it is not bleeping and the light is 'green') and i have been told to replace the battery in the heat detector (which is bleeping and intermittently showing a 'red' light)- which doesn't appear to need one, having had a look inside of it - and so that means, I have no way of stopping it from bleeping, all the time.

Kindly reply a.s.a.p because I am a vulnerable adult, I need my peace and quiet - and the sound of that loud, consistent bleeping 24 hours a day - is pretty intolerable.

Additionally, could you tell me if I will be charged for the call-out of an electrician?

Kind regards

Emily Gyde

No comments:

Post a Comment