Monday 30 January 2017

http://mary2point5.tumblr.com/

funny how I was had just been thinking about 'penny and the wire'...at her manningtree art gallery...the wire that the taschmanns had left behind for her to use....it is a bit like a miniature dongle in a way, I suppose....but much thinner...just a sort of wire with a 'bobble' attached at the end...a bit like that 'bendy' hatpin that I was to buy off of the internet....see previous notes on gill's real mother handing him a sort of 'dongle' affair in a busy marketplace...in the early 70s...go figure.

anyway, I was also thinking about how penny had rung up a certain Chinese academic at a certain university in china...to enquire about a job for me...(penny had studied Chinese at university - to then go and live there for a while, afterwards)....the first 'contact' with china...she was to say a greeting in Chinese - he replied in Chinese to then add "do you speak English?" to then slam the phone down...

....despite the abruptness of the call...I was to think that it was the most amazing event....a bit like contacting somebody on the moon....we had dad's phone-on-speaker....how extraordinarily brilliant etc etc....because now it was real....and not just a pipe-dream....we had made contact with...really, it was as if we had made contact with 'the moon'...that far away etc etc...

I was that naïve...but then I normally was, before I left for another country....until I got there, that is...to then meet up with 'the old gang' along with a few newcomers...to go through 'the same old thing' but in a different way, this time around etc etc....


 
and the pic below...'sort of' sums it all up....me dressed as a Chinese 'pancake' vendor assistant, upon a street in shanghai....for CF to come up and buy jian bing (to later on receive the nickname 'jian bing man' from McDonald)....
 
....and yes, CF was to dress up as a member of the jooish orthodox...upon our next 'adventure' in Israel 2006/7...throwing the moon in your face?....the moon represents memories...it is also a metaphor for seeing the big picture...remoteviewing the earth from outerspace...see previous notes....go figure:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment