Saturday 23 September 2017

...what else?...midday...and having just come back from a shopping trip....i now have time to note a few more things, down....relating to this morning....

first up...i was to exit my flat, earlier on...to wonder about the doorbells of the flats upon this corridor....you see, one of the policemen had tried flat 3's doorbell...i had seen him do it - and twice, through my spyhole....and yet i hadn't heard a thing (perhaps that is why he had then knocked?)....now, normally - i can hear everybody's doorbell, down this corridor when somebody rings a doorbell....

....and so earlier on and after having exited my flat...and having locked my flat's frontdoor...i was to have 'second thoughts' about it all....to then try out my own doorbell...and the result?....i couldn't hear a thing...nothing at all - whilst standing outside of my own frontdoor...and so....were my flat's frontdoor and walls 'soundproof'?....hmmm.....and was i wrong about being able to hear doorbells-down-the-corridor, whilst within my own flat....I.e. the sound of a doorbell, outside of my own flat?

i then decided to test my flat's doorbell again, whilst outside of my frontdoor...and i was to press the white button - harder, this time...and the result?...nothing...no sound, at all.

i then got out my keys and re-opened my flat's frontdoor....i had to test it all, you understand, dear reader...i then tried my flat's doorbell, again...and it was to sound 'loud and clear' in my flat....

....i then closed my flat's frontdoor....tried the doorbell again....and i could hear that doorbell 'loud and clear' and not only inside of my flat....to emphasis the point.....this time - i could hear that doorbell, inside of my own flat 'loud and clear' whilst standing outside of the closed frontdoor of my flat....because i was then to close the door and i could still hear it - almost, as loudly.

....ergo - somebody had just switched the doorbells back 'on', in belle court...and so the question now has to be asked...who had switched them 'off', earlier on - whilst the police were 'doing their rounds' and why?....go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment