Sunday 26 July 2015

OTHER NOTES:

....this morning...I was to remember susan bassnett's husband...at warwick...he was to teach a module upon my MA....and it was all about british comedy....and yes, 'the usual' was churned out...all interesting, in its way - most of it, I had seen before...but then something 'unusual'....a black comedy sketch series....he was to describe it as 'contemporary'...and 'on' late at night, upon channel 4...we were shown a bit of it on his 'compilation tape of british humour'....it was hilarious....I laughed so loudly, throughout...belly laughs....

...really - the couple of sketches that we had been shown - were that funny and the whole class had burst out laughing 'now and then'....

anyway, after leaving that class.... I was then to ask around - had anybody 'british' that I knew, at warwick...seen that series? did they have a video copy of the series?....and the result? well, they all muttered that they had seen it and that it was funny....but couldn't tell me much about it, if anything and then changed the subject rapidly...and all I had really wanted to know at the time was...why hadn't such a funny show been 'talked about'? why had it been shown 'really late at night' on a certain evening....why had there been no advertising - when it had been obviously 'such a winner'? if whatever TV station it was...had aired it earlier on....

so what was going on there then? anyway, this morning I was to have a look for that series...'black comedy ch4' to then find 'this'....which is probably more important - according to the british army - as far as I can remember - in relation to talking about 'ill cult horrors' upon my blog:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mirror_(TV_series)

remember...Charlie brooker was...and probably still is...a slave of ingabot....and he has created a series for ENDEMOL.

did I read that right? endemol?

apparently the series has been likened to THE TWILIGHT ZONE....

let me see...so if we 'compare and contrast'.....ENDEMOL is now acting......as if it were like the PENTAGON? I am laughing again....

No comments:

Post a Comment