Thursday 16 July 2015

OTHER NOTES:

...and another odd memory was to come back...of an academic at...was it UCLA? he was to take a shine to something that I had painted and I was to give it to him - a memory aid of sorts...a very depressing painting, in dark colours...I now know that I had been inspired by one of the scenes in 'MAMA DOC'...where an academic is searching for his colleague...and behind him is a dark painting and then 'gold/brass' in front....anyway, the diagonals across my painting...were to make it look at bit like THE SCREAM by edvard munch....I then drew a few ghostly YELLOW figures on top of all of that 'gloom'...colin was to add 'black goggles' to the yellow figure, in the foreground...see previous notes upon that artists' colony in Jerusalem and ling laughing "that's me" whilst pointing to the woman....to the left of the one 'in black specs'....and yes I 'get' that one, now...colin must have added the black specs....but he wasn't there at the time, that ling was to show me the reproduction...for their 'religious art' website...

No comments:

Post a Comment