Saturday 25 July 2015

http://americanduchess.blogspot.co.uk/2014_04_01_archive.html

...and let me see...yes...a couple from northern Ireland....they were to stay at 14 st bernards - just before I started at dartington...I can remember sitting by the fire, having an 'intimate chat' with the wife...the couple were both doctors and friends of my parents but much younger than them...more my age than theirs...they had a young son and had just had a baby daughter....the wife was to treat me like an old friend...my mother was to say "don't you remember them?" to then look puzzled...I had no idea who they were or where I had supposedly met them beforehand and my mother wasn't about to tell....

anyway, the wife was to tell me that she whole-heartedly regretted having children "you have no life of your own"...and advised me never to do so...she was quite 'insistent' upon that one...

having remembered that conversation again...I was then to see this pic and it was to immediately bring her to mind...so I take it that More had programmed her with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment