Friday 3 April 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU00jvfCUJk

'this is the sea' then?

so let me think...the HOLLIDAY family will have used it as a 'fairyland callback' number....? ha ha ha....because I don't like the song....see previous notes upon bob Dylan etc etc....

"you're banging the drum like it's 1973"...a historical context? I suppose I'd better look at the lyrics then....

"well that was the river and this is the sea"

oh I get it....a 'mr rivers' to that former boss of MI6...

 
 
anyway, I can remember now...'col the sol' had sat in the anchorage, strumming his guitar and singing the above...circa 1989....kate and sarah were to decide to use that song...possibly his version....to do 'something' upon the networks....
 
let me see...'col the sol' was to turn up with a rather similar looking band to THE WATERBOYS - in prague 1995...the men who then broke into my flat and nearly tortured me to death...for refusing to let them use my flat as a 'drugs smuggling depot'....something like that?
 
 
 
well if I am 'generous' I would say a very unattractive and overhyped band - who have managed to learn how to play their instruments but that's about it....and I might add that the lyrics aren't exactly YEATS are they?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment