Wednesday 8 April 2015

anyway, so what is 'with' that 'dry riser' then? the one on the first floor landing of belle court...the cover has been taken off of the front of it...and so I took a couple of photos - looking down the shaft...to then realise that - above the 'big tap' had been boarded off...is that right? I had thought that it was meant to service every floor of the building?




 
hmmm....compare and contrast the 'mechanics' of the above...with what appears to be a mainstream 'dry riser'....where do I begin? perhaps 'where are the water pipes' and 'why is there a mass of what appear to be electrical leads down that shaft?'
 
 
 
of course, you could say that the waterpipes are hidden behind the wall...but that doesn't make me feel any easier about the whole thing...let me see - there is a pipe going up the outside of the building...and one can only hope that it is directly connected to the main water supply...and that residents do not need to wait for the fire brigade to come and attach one of their hoses to it....although I have a feeling that this might be the case....
 
and one might also ask 'where are the sprinklers'?....there isn't one in my flat...and as far as i can remember...and I checked...nothing that looks like a sprinkler in the communal areas such as the corridors and stairwell.....
 
I will have to check again...today...to make sure that there is some form of sprinkler system in the building...anyway, the video below - looks like a 'basic version' of what has been installed 'on the outside' of belle court...with the main valve 'inside' of the building...
 
 
let me think....pipes can be used as 'sprinkler systems' can't they? I wonder now...the only place with 'obvious pipes' in belle court...is in the cageroom....see previous notes upon donna's cage and 'mattresses' being sprayed with 'sewage'....
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment