Sunday 22 March 2015

I was to watch CIRQUE DU SOLEIL 'worlds away' on dvd, this morning...to remember daldry's crew examining it closely...I can also remember walking out...because the soundtrack was so terrible...and the soundtrack/music often defines what you are watching...to the extent, that it was simply too irritating to watch...however, this morning I was to realise that if you turned the sound off...it was possible to watch it in order to understand what MW's 'mental robots' gang had been up to...and yes they had been 'behind this one'....

anyway, I can remember daldry saying...as I exited the door...that I 'knew' what it was all about and that I might tell them later on...he obviously wasn't going to press me upon it, at the time...

well, in a nutshell...I have already told you 'what was going on' in relation to 'incompatible programs'...'the fridge manual used to reconstruct a car' metaphor....

i'll give you an example:


 
let's call this a PINBALL MACHINE (with the balls going berserk around the board)/MOUNTAINEERING mash-up...
 
getting to the top of the 'gameboard' appears to have been their main anxiety....only to meet another 'anxiety' when they got to the top...
 
...actually I rather liked the whole 'mash-up' at the top, to be honest...you see - once you had got a grip on what they had 'mashed up'...mashed up to the extent that I was to label 'most of the show PAPIER MACHE....i.e. if you can get any meaning out of this 'visual text' after that papier mache job...well, anyway - I will give 'what was at the top'...a working title of:
 
MOD NATIVITY CONSTELLATION BAT/EXE. FILES surrounded by demonic Zionist 'burnt house' buildings....i.e. a mash-up of so many things...e.g. the 'nativity stable'  as a 'vampire bat' with 'flying sheep' attached under the roof....well, you have to give a certain begrudging admiration to 'that sort of papier mache job'....
 
 
oh and let us not forget the 'star of bethlehem' motif...




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment