Saturday 3 January 2015

OTHER NOTES:

...and so what was to happen this morning?

I went in search of a 'draft-excluder' at THING ME BOBS....an assistant showed me a lovely new design "I like the cats one too"...apparently she had a big draft under her front door..."I should buy one myself"....all relating to 'something that had happened' so many years ago now....

the 'dogs in a row' draft-excluder is heavy enough to endure extreme 'blasts' under the door....but at £12.99 'a bit pricey' although the design makes up for it...depends if you have the money on you, or not...which I didn't, at the time....

besides, hanni used to be interested in 'that sort of thing'...you could 'make your own' if you were a crafty sort of person....I can remember the fishwick's home, Blackheath - 1960s...they had huge, long, textiles 'snakes' by the doors 'with a gap' underneath, in the winter....

photos from today:

 
anyway, after visiting THING ME BOBS...I went in search of a new film on dvd at the CRUK SHOP....and for some reason - the 'coronation street' ROMANIAN HOLIDAY seemed to fit the bill....something around daldry and co, a 'devotee fan base' - who had watched every single episode 'since the beginning of time'....as well as knowing every character development etc etc....of course 'not knowing anything about coronation street' apart from watching an episode 'now and then'....would make me 'completely unable' to pass comment upon most, if not all of ROMANIAN HOLIDAY....but there you go, eh?
 
 
"if you haven't watched coronation street, you haven't lived" daldry had declared in prague 1995....i then began to wonder - what they had all been downloading - 'since the dawn of time' in relation to a 'live transmission'....whatever it was...I hadn't 'got the bug'....

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment